Thursday, January 4, 2007

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

I have been "tagged",at Hazardous Pastimes, to share on my blog 5 Things that people are not likley to know about me. After some thought and consideration I have chosen these 5:

1) Spelling on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills: While taking theses test in my K-12 years, I got 99 on almost everything, almost every year, except spelling. Ususally this score was in the 60's but did get as low as the 50's a few times.

2) My Ebay Specail: The car I currently am driving is a 1995 Saturn, 5-speed. I bought it on Ebay. The winning bid was about 200-300 under kbb.

3) How Vermont was added to my list for "all 48": While in attendence at a Brain Imaging Conference at Dartmouth in NH, I crossed the bridge to get a better veiw of the river. (as the ONLY undergraduate in attendence I was razzed for my excitement on my "new" Carl Jung book bought at the near by used bookstore, but that would be another story...)

4) The D on my Math test in 8th Grade: I was a colorful child as this story shows. I was THE STAR math student n my 8th grade math class. Our teacher had a rule that if you used 40 of the 50 mins in class for your exam then if you got a D or F you could retake the test. I was the only one who never cared, turned in my exam within 15 mins every test. I always got A's and high A's, so why should it matter... Until I got a D on one. My heart was crushed. I started to cry. Now being of the Jr High maturity level and surounded by others who were also in Jr High, I was teased. I ran out of the room crying, down the not so quite hall towards tha bathroom to "cry it out alone" One problem, I headed t0wards the boy's bathroom. I then reran down the same not very quiet hallway to the girls bathroom. I have grown to laugh about it now, but still get reminded from time to time about the incedent.

5) My prized collection of Strawberry Shortcake dolls and minatures: To the best of my knowledge are still in a box in mom' basement. Tucked away in the "You know you need to go through all that stuff and decide what you want to keep and what you want to throw away someday" corner.

So there you have it...

I tag: All Presidental hopefulls for 2008!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Thank you for sharing some details of your life with all of us!